Chief engineer in major structural designing projects – Researcher in antiseismic design and analysis
1999 – 2014: Director of Structural Department at Doxiadis Associates SA. / Shareholder.
Assignments: Director and Coordinator for Structural Analysis and Design, Geotechnical Analysis and Design, Shop Drawings, Bar Bending Schedules, Bill of Quantities, Biddings and Structural Reviews. Authorized for Kohler und Seitz Gmbh Bridge Projects in Greece.
Key Projects: Public Buildings
- Structural Design of University Buildings, Embassies in Greece and Germany (US Embassy in Athens, Embassy of Libya in Athens, Embassy of Athens in Berlin), City Halls, Health Centers, Banks, Acropolis Museum etc.
- Strengthening and retrofitting of School Buildings.
Bridges and Transportation Structures
- Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Bridges, Incrementally Launched Bridges, Balanced Cantilever Method Bridges, Base Isolated Bridges, Steel Composite Bridges, Overpasses, Underpasses, Culverts, Cut and Cover intersections, Retaining Structures, Pilling, Soil Stability Structures, Tunnels, Utility Buildings.
- Retrofitting and Strengthening of existing Bridges.
Employers: Greek Ministry of Public Works, Greek Prefecture Authorities, Egnatia Odos.
Hyper Markets, Malls, Private Buildings
- Detailed Structural Design of IKEA Buildings in Athens Airport Retail Area and Thessaloniki, PRAKTIKER Buildings all over Greece, modification strengthening and retrofitting of IKEA Building at Thessaloniki.
Employers: IKEA (Fourlis Trade), PRAKTIKER Germany
Structural Final Design for Biddings for several Olympic Venues (Shooting Center, Tennis Stadium, Media Press Center)
- Structural Review for all Santiago Calatrava Olympic Projects
Employers: Greek Ministry of Public Works, BUNG AG.
- Structural Design for Dams Overflow Canals, Culverts, Pumping and Utility Buildings, Tunnels.
Experience as Researcher
- Research on Nonlinear Analysis Equation Solvers for Reinforced Concrete Arbitrary Cross Sections, Software Development Papers, Conferences.
- Research on Seismic Base Isolation for Bridges with Led Rubber Bearings and Incremental Launching Method.
- Research and Development of Cost Optimization Algorithms suitable for structural projects.
- Lectures in National Technical University of Athens.
- Trainer on Greek Codes Eurocodes and International Codes for Engineers in Greece and Abroad.
Experience as Trainer – Visiting Professor in Universities
- Several Seminars and Presentations of SAP2000, ETABS, CSI Bridge and SAFE in Greece and all over the World. Organization of Webinars with tips and tricks for SAP2000 and ETABS modeling.
- Conferences on CSI Products with the participation of Significant Design Offices, Professors and the Founder of CSI.
- Lectures in Greek Universities for SAP2000 and ETABS modeling, analysis and design.
- Training Seminars and Consultancy on CSI Software all over the world including Saudi Arabia (Royal Commission Trainer 2012, Easytec and Compusoft 2009) . Siemens AG training for Structural Engineers in Germany.
- Accreditation from CSI and Neapolis University of Pafos, Cyprus.
- Software Development for Structural Analysis, Design and Detailing EC Praxis 8K, Optimus Structural Optimization Program in cooperation with National Technical University of Athens and others.
Member of Professional Associations:
- Technical Chamber of Greece as Professional Civil Engineer (Reg. No. 68686)
- Professional Engineer for Public Works by the Greek Ministry of Public Works for Structural Projects (cat. 08) and for Transportation Road Projects (cat.10) with the Ultimate Grade C (Reg. No. 13862)
- Official Structural Inspector by the Greek Ministry of Public Works0f Ultimate Grade B (Reg. No. 1131)
- Official Structural Inspector by the Greek Ministry of Public Works (Reg. No. 7738)
- Greek Department of Concrete Research
- Society of Greek Civil Engineers
1994 – Master’s degree, Civil Engineering (National Technical University of Athens)
2002 Postgraduate Diploma: (2 years course) Design and Analysis of Structures (National Technical University of Athens/Imperial College, University of London)